Bronze Metal Flake
These Metal Flakes work with any base clear, blender or binder for a fantastic paint job!
How Much Do I Need?
Our Bronze Metal Flake additives are very versatile and can be used in so many applications. Can also be called Brown Metal Flake.
- Great for Airbrush, HVLP Guns, Brush on Applications, Powder Coating equipment, Dip Sprayers, Concrete Sealing, Leather wipe-on coatings, and Plastic Manufacturing.
- Micro Flakes are .004″ in size, and are the easiest to spray with no knockdown and easy to cover. They go around door edges and hood edges seamlessly. High impact without the work.
- Mini Flakes (.008″) are for people looking for more flash, and willing to work a bit harder.
- Bass Boat flakes (.015″) are for those who just plain want to get that 70’s big flake look and are willing to work for it.
- Flakes have a temperature tolerance of 400 degrees, making them fine under heat lamps and in Powder Coating Booths.
- A little bit goes a long way. When you use about a tablespoon per quart, “One Jar Does a Car.”
- Solvent resistant. Used in Automotive Paint, Nail Polish, Dip, Epoxy Concrete Sealer, Water-Based Coatings, Powder-Coatings, Fiberglass, and even Elmer’s Glue ®.
We now offer all sizes of flakes in many of our popular colors. We personally like the small flakes, because of the ease of use, but there are a lot of people out there who want larger metal flakes, so we are giving them to you.
Creating a great Bronze metal flake paint job is super simple with our flakes. Just choose your base coat (black is good if you want the paint to take on the color of the flakes), and add a heaping tablespoon of our flake to any clear coat (although we recommend a base clear for mixing the flake into, like PPG’s DBC-500, or HOK’s intercoat clear).
Keep in mind, that even though they are called “Bronze metal flake” additives, most of our flakes are made from special solvent-resistant polyesters that can withstand the chemicals in the clear coat. See our tips pages for more information, our download our instructional PDF. Remember, unlike some flakes that people dust onto wet clear-coat dry and spend about 400 bucks for 20 jars of flake to paint a single auto, our system is much more efficient. As we say around here, “One jar paints a car.”
All of our products work with car paint and are key to a great custom paint job. Our full line can be used as epoxy pigment on tables and in resin applications. Pearl paint pigments and Candy Paint pigments are very versatile and easy to use in any clear paint application. Give them a try!
Try this in epoxy resin, polishes, sealers or other coatings for a great custom effect!
Not only are all of our additives completely compatible with vehicle wrap, we were the first to supply the coatings companies with pigments. If you have any reservations about whether our products work in vehicle coatings, you should know that we were the pioneers who introduced Pearls to the world.
We recommend as a starting ratio 1 heaping tablespoon per sprayable quart of clear paint/binder or clear powder for powder coating.
We at Paint With Pearl appreciate all of our customers who take the time to send us pictures and feedback on all of our products. Our Candy Pearls ®, Metal Flakes, True Chameleon pigments, Thermochromics, Glow In The Darks and all other paint pigments are truly custom paints and can be used in almost any application. There are so many options with our products! Photos, Videos and testimonials are a great way to show off the capabilities of our additives. If you find the opportunity, send us some great pics and a small testimonial about what you did with our products and we will send you a gift card for the website. We love to show off the work that our wonderful customers are doing. Contact us and send us your work!
For years we have been selling metallic paint pigments, pearl pigment, candy paint, and Temperature Changing Paint for your custom paint projects.
Shop with us…the leader in Paint Pigments and Pearl Pigments Since 2005
$15.99 Select options