Bronze Metal Flakes
Bronze Metal Flake available in 3 Sizes, Micro .004″, Mini .008″ , and Bass Boat .015″ 400 degree temperature threshold. Available in 4 oz. Jars or 1 lb. Bags.
These Metal Flakes work with any base clear, blender or binder for a fantastic paint job!
How Much Do I Need?
Our Bronze Metal Flake additives are very versatile and can be used in so many applications. Can also be called Brown Metal Flake.
- Great for Airbrush, HVLP Guns, Brush on Applications, Powder Coating equipment, Dip Sprayers, Concrete Sealing, Leather wipe-on coatings, and Plastic Manufacturing.
- Micro Flakes are .004″ in size, and are the easiest to spray with no knockdown and easy to cover. They go around door edges and hood edges seamlessly. High impact without the work.
- Mini Flakes (.008″) are for people looking for more flash, and willing to work a bit harder.
- Bass Boat flakes (.015″) are for those who just plain want to get that 70’s big flake look and are willing to work for it.
- Flakes have a temperature tolerance of 400 degrees, making them fine under heat lamps and in Powder Coating Booths.
- A little bit goes a long way. When you use about a tablespoon per quart, “One Jar Does a Car.”
- Solvent resistant. Used in Automotive Paint, Nail Polish, Dip, Epoxy Concrete Sealer, Water-Based Coatings, Powder-Coatings, Fiberglass, and even Elmer’s Glue ®.
We now offer all sizes of flakes in many of our popular colors. We personally like the small flakes, because of the ease of use, but there are a lot of people out there who want larger metal flakes, so we are giving them to you.
Creating a great Bronze metal flake paint job is super simple with our flakes. Just choose your base coat (black is good if you want the paint to take on the color of the flakes), and add a heaping tablespoon of our flake to any clear coat (although we recommend a base clear for mixing the flake into, like PPG’s DBC-500, or HOK’s intercoat clear).
Keep in mind, that even though they are called “Bronze metal flake” additives, most of our flakes are made from special solvent-resistant polyesters that can withstand the chemicals in the clear coat. See our tips pages for more information, our download our instructional PDF. Remember, unlike some flakes that people dust onto wet clear-coat dry and spend about 400 bucks for 20 jars of flake to paint a single auto, our system is much more efficient. As we say around here, “One jar paints a car.”
Not only are all of our metal flakes completely compatible with plasti dip, we were the first to supply the dip companies with pigments. If you have any reservations about whether our products work in Plasti Dip, you should know that we were the pioneers who introduced Plasti Dip Pearls to the world.
We recommend as a starting ratio 1 heaping tablespoon per sprayable quart of clear paint/binder or clear powder for powder coating.
We at Paint With Pearl appreciate all of our customers who take the time to send us pictures and feedback on all of our products. Our Candy Pearls ®, Metal Flakes, True Chameleon pigments, Thermochromics, Glow In The Darks and all other paint pigments are truly custom paints and can be used in almost any application. There are so many options with our products! Photos, Videos and testimonials are a great way to show off the capabilities of our additives. If you find the opportunity, send us some great pics and a small testimonial about what you did with our products and we will send you a gift card for the website. We love to show off the work that our wonderful customers are doing. Contact us and send us your work!
Shop with us…the leader in paint and Pearl Pigments Since 2005
Make sure to check out our products on Amazon Prime!
|Dimensions||2 × 2 × 2 in|
.004" Micro, .008" Mini, .015" Bass Boat
|Amount of Flakes||
4 oz. Jar, 1 Lb. Bag (6 jar value)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Returns and Exchanges
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased.You can return unwanted items by post within 7 working days of receipt of your goods.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from Us.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
[/checklist] [/column][column size="one-half"]
Ship your item back to Us
Firstly Print and return this Returns Form to:
30 South Park Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
Please remember to ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
For more information, view our full Returns and Exchanges information.[/column][/row]
There are no reviews yet.